National Science Day is celebrated on February 28 to commemorate the discovery of Raman Effect in 1928 by Indian physicist and Nobel Laureate Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman in India.
Supermassive black holes are millions to billions times more massive than our Sun.
The solar corona is so hot that it is best observed with X-ray and extreme-ultraviolet (EUV) cameras.
The Australian International Airshow will be held from tomorrow to Sunday in Avalon.
By 2018, NASA says it may send its first robotic spacecraft to the Sun that is slated to get within six million kilometres of the blazing star to probe its atmosphere.
The video begins with a nighttime view of the Small and Large Magellanic clouds, satellite galaxies of our Milky Way.
Johnson, portrayed in the movie 'Hidden Figures' by Taraji P Henson, worked for NASA as a research mathematician for more than 30 years, according to the US space agency's website.
The eclipse was to be most visible in a 100-kilometre band across Chile, Argentina, Angola, Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
On February 15, a PSLV released a flock of over 100 nano- and micro-satellites of overseas customers for a fee.
The annular solar eclipse, also known as 'ring of fire' eclipse, does not occur all too often, but when it happens it surely captivates the hearts of those who look up at the night sky.
The US space agency NASA's lost football-field-sized balloon with a telescope hanging beneath it has been recovered Antarctica from after a year of its flight.
Orion is being built with an eye to one day ferrying astronauts to Earth`s neighboring planet, Mars, perhaps by the 2030s.
NASA says colors are enhanced in the cutout of a pit exposing reddish layers.
The eclipse - during which the Sun will all but disappear as the Moon crosses its path --will be most visible in a 100-kilometre (62-mile) band cutting through Chile, Argentina, Angola, Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
NASA says, the unpiloted Russian Progress 66 resupply ship will dock to the station's Pirs docking compartment at 3:34 a.m. Friday, February 24.
A bench headed by Dipak Misra fixed the matter for final disposal in second week of April after the advocate for one of the respondents sought time to file a counter affidavit.
SpaceX Dargon spacecraft carrying an unmanned cargo ship packed with food and supplies for astronauts has safely arrived at International Space Station on Thursday.
The first known system of seven Earth-sized planets around a single star was made using the US space agency NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope.
SpaceX Dragon cargo craft's rendezvous to the space station was aborted early Wednesday morning after the spacecraft’s computers received an incorrect navigational update, triggering an automatic wave off.
The star hosting the seven exoplanets isn't being talked about much, but holds equal importance since it is the body the new planets are orbiting.
Fascinatingly, at least three of the seven rocky worlds represent the “holy grail for planet-hunting astronomers” as they are firmly located in the 'habitable zone'.
The rare late-day, special doodle shows planet Earth looking through NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope and spotting the star and the seven Earth-like planets.
The US space agency NASA has discovered another 'solar system' - seven Earth-like planets orbiting a small star in a galaxy 40 light years away.
NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope has made a stunning discovery on the first known system of seven Earth-size planets orbiting around a single star in our galaxy.
SpaceX has delayed its shipment to the International Space Station on Wednesday due to a navigation error and following an otherwise flawless flight from NASA's historic moon pad.
The launch of the Russian Progress 66 is scheduled for 12:58 a.m. Wednesday (11:58 a.m. Baikonur time).
The gamma-ray signal detected by the Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope is similar to one seen by Fermi at the center of our own Milky Way galaxy.
Thomas Pesquet has shared a stunning view of icy Canada which looks like marble as seen from the International Space Station.
The US space agency, NASA has released a breathtaking view of rayed crater on Saturn's moon, Dione.
Prominent NASA scientists, astronomers and a professor of planetary science and physics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology will participate at the briefing.
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Why is religion used as a weapon against 'freedom of speech'?
- UP polls: Development meaningless without Ram Mandir, says BJP's Vinay Katiyar
- Delhi HC rejects Mukhtar Ansari's parole plea for campaigning in UP polls
- India capable of building space station, says ISRO chief Kiran Kumar
- Thane crime branch arrest 18 people in Army recruitment paper leak case
- DNA: Indian soldiers shown as superheroes in comic series
- ABVP stages flag march from Ramjas College to DU's Faculty of Arts
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight
- BMC elections results: Both BJP, Shiv Sena should share Mumbai Mayor's post for 2.5 years each, says RSS
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine after mother left them playing as she stepped out briefly
- We win some and lose some, Sachin Tendulkar backs India to give Australia a strong reply in Bengaluru
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Ramjas protest: ABVP member's serious allegation on AISA activists, says 'they tore my kurta, misbehaved during clash'
- THIS girl wanted Narendra Modi's 'Shiva stole', she tweeted her wish; you won't believe what PM did!
- Harbhajan Singh reacts to India's humiliating loss, gets trolled by David Warner in return
- MS Dhoni slams 94-ball century against Chhattisgarh in Vijay Hazare Trophy