The spacecraft is expected to circle the planet for another five years as it has still got about 15kg of fuel left.
With the latest release, Kepler has detected a total of 4,034 planet candidates, of which 2,335 have been verified as exoplanets.
Zhongxing-9A was launched aboard the Long March-3B carrier rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre at 12.11 a.m. (local time), reports Xinhua news agency.
An 18-centimetre-tall cylinder will carry potato seeds and silkworm eggs to be incubated.
While engineers are just getting started analysing the data, the test verified that the motor can fire within milliseconds when needed and will work as expected under high temperatures, according to NASA.
Since its launched in November 2013, MAVEN has come up with multiple discoveries, revealing how the Sun stripped Mars of most of its atmosphere.
The Progress MS-06 cargo spacecraft was launched on Wednesday, June 14 on board a Soyuz-2.1a carrier rocket from the Baikonur space site in Kazakhstan.
NASA's Juno spacecraft has captured a clear view of the south polar region of Jupiter.
The rocket powered by its own cryogenic engine at the upper stage, placed communication satellite GSAT-19 weighing 3,136 km or 3.1 tonne.
The James Webb Space Telescope is designed to complement and extend the scientific capabilities of other NASA missions such as the Hubble Space Telescope
Quantum entanglement, which Einstein referred to as "a spooky action at a distance," is a curious phenomenon in which particles are "linked" together in such a way that they affect one another regardless of distance.
The image shows Cassini spoting bright methane clouds drifting in the summer skies of Saturn's moon Titan, along with dark hydrocarbon lakes and seas clustered around the north pole.
The Progress MS-06 cargo spacecraft or Progress 67 is set to dock to the aft port of the Zvezda Service Module at 7:42 a.m. EDT today, June 16.
Musk, who has outlined his vision for a self-sustaining city on the red planet, believes that human colonies on Mars could be built within our lifetime.
This will be Japan's third Quasi-Zenith Satellite, a device designed to improve global navigation and augment signals emitted by the US-owned GPS, which has a 10-metre margin of error.
The point he put forward was that if humans are seeking long-term settlement in deep space, sex cannot be forgotten.
Weighing 2.5-tonnes, the telescope dubbed Insight, was sent into an orbit of 550 km above the Earth to help scientists better understand the evolution of black holes, and the strong magnetic fields and the interiors of pulsars.
SOFIA flies above 99 percent of the Earth's water vapour, enabling the research group to characterise the properties of the torus-shaped dust structures at far-infrared wavelengths.
NASA syas the launch is now scheduled for no earlier than Thursday, June 15, with a launch window from 9:05 to 9:20 p.m. EDT.
The Progress MS-06 spacecraft, also known as the 67th Russian supply vehicle, is being launched at 5:20 a.m. EDT Wednesday (3:20 p.m. Baikonur time), June 14, from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
Results suggest the nascent gas giant was already that big within the first 1 million years of solar system history.
The experiment will include ingredients and equipment for a German bread roll – which astronaut Alexander Gerst, who's heading to the ISS in April 2018, will carry with him.
Data from the Cassini mission has shown that Cassini Regio on Iapetus is covered in a layer of dark, dusty material creating a stark contrast to the much brighter region that surrounds it, which leads to the moon's distinctive, two-toned appearance.
The launch of a Terrier-Improved Malemute sounding rocket is now scheduled for Tuesday night, June 13, with a launch window from 9:04 to 9:19 p.m. EDT.
One of the two worlds is a Saturn-mass planet, while the other one is a cold exoplanet several times more massive than Jupiter.
Curiosity landed near Mount Sharp in Gale Crater in August 2012. It reached the base of the mountain in 2014. Layers of rocks at the base of Mount Sharp accumulated as sediment within ancient lakes around 3.5 billion years ago.
The next liftoff attempt has been rescheduled for Monday, June 12, with a launch window from 9:04 to 9:19 p.m. EDT, says NASA.
The gigantic catalogue of about 25 billion virtual galaxies generated from 2 trillion digital particles using a super computer is being used to calibrate the experiments on board the Euclid satellite, that will be launched in 2020.
The phrase signals that the atomic clocks -- that provide locational data -- in the six navigation satellites are functioning normally.
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- Oil tanker explodes in Pakistan's Bahawalpur district, many killed
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- 2017 Australian Open Super Series Final: As it happened...
- Nitish Kumar uncomfortable in grand alliance with RJD, Congress, will welcome him if he joins NDA: BJP
- WATCH: Smriti Mandhana scores blistering 72-ball 90 in India's World Cup opener against England
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- Sridevi REVEALS why she refused to play Sivagami in SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali'!
- Baby Elephant chases birds and falls face-down at Sweden zoo – Watch
- West Bengal: BJP demands CM Mamata Banerjee's resignation over attack on MP George Baker
- Haryana govt has disbursed Rs 2,400 cr compensation to farmers: CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Hacking group believes NASA will announce discovery of aliens
- Virat Kohli's picture 'peeping through dressing room' goes viral, Twitterati come up with hilarious captions
- Aadhaar not valid for travel to Nepal, Bhutan: Home Ministry