The image shows haze particles over a range of altitudes on Jupiter's surface, as seen in reflected sunlight.
This mission will be a part of Juno's sixth science flyby of the gas giant's mysterious cloud tops.
US President Donald Trump has signed an executive order to re-establish the National Space Council in a bid to coordinate commercial, technological and national security opportunities for the country, NASA said in a statement issued on Saturday.
The Long March-5 Y2 would be launched from the Wenchang Space Launch Center in China's southern Hainan Province on Sunday.
Citizen scientists often have a gala time creating the best enhanced-colour images of gas giant by using data delivered by Juno.
The researchers found that in some parts of the world including in India, China and Brazil, the amount of land being burned by fire has increased.
They said the proposal was for JAXA to contribute to a multinational manned lunar probe by contributing technology, which would grant Japan a spot on the mission.
The program will be aired on NASA Television and the agency’s website.
The image was captured by NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter and reveals the incredible structures left behind, in a region reminiscent of Niagara Falls.
According to the US space agency, the sounding rocket was launched at 4:25 am EDT on Thursday, June 29 from the NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility in Virginia.
Mark Ott, a microbiologist at NASA's Johnson Space Center, said in a statement,"Once every three months, we sample from two locations in each module of the US segment of the station."
According to the study, nearly 500,000 pieces of human-made debris are whizzing around space, orbiting the Earth at speeds up to 17,500 miles per hour.
India added GSAT-17 to its fleet of communication satellites after it was launched into orbit by heavy lift rocket Ariane 5 from Kourou in French Guinea, said the European Space Agency Arianespace.
Apophis asteroid will speed past Earth on April 13, 2029, at just 18,600 miles away – which is less than one-tenth the distance between the Earth and the moon.
The launch of the NASA Terrier-Improved Malemute suborbital sounding rocket for the vapor release mission is on schedule for Thursday, June 29, with the liftoff time has been refined to 4:25 – 4:48 a.m. EDT, says the US space agency.
The European launcher Arianespace Flight VA238 blasted off from Ariane Launch Complex No 3 (ELA 3) at Kourou, a French territory located in northeastern coast of South America, couple of minutes delayed than the scheduled time of 2:29 hrs IST, PTI reported.
Last year, an international team of researchers detected the existence of gravitational waves, confirming German physicist Albert Einstein's 100-year-old prediction and astonishing the scientific community.
QueSST is the initial design stage of the agency`s planned Low Boom Flight Demonstration (LBFD) experimental airplane, otherwise known as an X-plane.
As per ISRO, the GSAT-17 is scheduled to lift off at 2:29 hrs IST on June 29, 2017, onboard Ariane-5 launch vehicle from the Guiana Space Centre in Kourou, French Guiana.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) shared the spectacular images from Cartosat-2 on its official Twitter account. Take a look below!
Uranus' magnetosphere -- the region defined by the icy planet's magnetic field and the material trapped inside it -- gets flipped on and off like a light switch every day as it rotates along with the planet, scientists have discovered.
On June 23, 2017, the 712kg Cartosat-2 series satellite for earth observation along with 30 nano satellites lifted off at 9.29 a.m. from the First Launch Pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR, Sriharikota onboard ISRO's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-38).
As per NASA, the image was taken in green light with the Cassini spacecraft wide-angle camera on March 31, 2017.
The latest claims came amid the notorious hacking and activist group Anonymous releasing a video saying that the US space agency is all set to make an Earth-shattering announcement about aliens.
The modules are made of both rigid and flexible materials and contain embedded magnets that connect and lock multiple modules together.
Researchers plan to drive Opportunity down Perseverance Valley after completing a "walkabout" survey of the area above it.
The PSLV-C38 carrying 31 satellites lifted off at 9:29 am IST, as planned, from Sriharikota on June 23, 2017, with the 712 kg Cartosat-2 series satellite as the main payload.
After it lifted off from the Vandenberg Air Force Base in California at 1:25 pm local time (2025 GMT) as scheduled, the first stage of the Falcon 9 rocket returned less than eight minutes after taking off. As planned, it landed on a barge floating in the Pacific Ocean.
In a video on the issue, Anonymous has cited several other alien-friendly comments made by astronauts and space exploration enthusiasts in the past, as well as various alien and UFO `sightings` as evidence that "something is going on in the skies above".
In other words, something unknown is warping the average orbital plane of the outer solar system.
- Minor gives birth in school, accuses auto driver of rape
- Watch: Heavy rains cause flood-like situation in various parts of country
- UP government wants 'VIP' lanes at toll plazas
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- India 3rd largest target to witness most terror activities, says report issued by US foreign ministry
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- Operation All-Out: 111 terrorists killed so far in Kashmir by Indian Army
- Security forces kill one terrorist in J&K's Machel Sector
- Is UP CM Yogi Adityanath going against PM Modi's move to end red beacon culture?
- Watch: Vegetable sellers deploy gunmen for security of tomatoes in Indore
- Delhi: Overspeeding car kills 25-year-old at ITO
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher get death sentence for murder of Pinki Sarkar
- Pune: NDA Cadet found hanging in his room
- Hooligans and police clash in Jewar, Greater Noida; 4 arrested, 2 absconding
- JNU V-C wants tank on campus to remind students of Army’s sacrifices
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- VTU Results: Visvesvaraya Technological University VTU 8th sem results declared, check @ vtu.ac.in
- 45-year-old Chinese woman skips breakfast for eight years, develops 200 gallstones
- ICC Women's World Cup Final: England vs India - As it happened...
- Saliva analysis turns up evidence of 'ghost' ancient human species!
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- Indian workers emigrating to 6 Gulf nations declines by 34.6%, remittances fall
- Two Jordanians die in shooting at Israeli embassy in Amman: Security source
- India vs England, ICC Women’s World Cup 2017, Final: Live Streaming, TV Listing, Date, Time, Venue
- Ram Mandir should be constructed within legal framework: BJP chief Amit Shah
- Thor: Ragnarok TRAILER will blow your mind away! WATCH
- Canadian PM Trudeau goes 'desi, offers prayers in Indian attire to mark 10th anniversary of BAPS temple
- WATCH: MS Dhoni hits three consecutive 6s in TNPL six-hitting competition
- Terror funding in Kashmir: Son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, 6 other separatist leaders arrested by NIA