The galaxy UGC 12591 sits somewhere between a lenticular and a spiral, according to NASA.
The AstroRad Radiation Shield has been devised by Tel Aviv-based StemRad, which has already produced and marketed a belt to protect rescue workers from harmful gamma ray radiation emitted in nuclear disasters, such as Chernobyl and Fukushima.
The Sun sometimes erupts with bursts of light, solar material, or ultra-fast energised particles - collectively, these events contribute to space weather.
The new plant system will this month join Veggie - NASA's first fresh food growth system already active on ISS.
On Tuesday, February 28, 2017, the spacecraft carried out a rocket motor burn that boosted its velocity by 0.4 meters per second (less than 1 mile per hour).
The space first-timer has been treating his followers on a daily basis with some of the most breathtaking photographs, ever since he joined the ISS crew in November, 2016.
Earlier reports said the new Chinese space station will initially be much smaller than the ISS, which weighs 420 tonnes, but could be expanded for future scientific research and international cooperation.
According to new measurements of a nearby supermassive black hole obtained with NASA's Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array (NuSTAR) telescope, these ultrafast 'winds' can heat up and cool down in the span of just a few hours.
The 2017-2018 software catalogue has contributions from all the NASA's centres on data processing/storage, business systems, operations, propulsion and aeronautics.
NASA Juno captured this breathtaking image when it was a mere 5,400 miles above Jupiter’s cloudtops on December 11, 2016 at 9:14 a.m. PT (12:14 p.m. ET).
SRO will develop an engine that will help in the controlled landing on the moon. The mission is currently planned for the first quarter of 2018.
According to Efe, the priority of the scientists during this mission will be to detect asteroids close to Earth to calculate the probability of their colliding with the planet.
Research on the planet's structure, composition and environment would be conducted.
Only seven successful missions to the surface of Mars have taken place in the history of spaceflight.
Astronomers from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland, observed the Oort cloud comet C/2014 Q2 when it passed near Earth in early 2015.
On Space Weather, she said that it was "conditions in space that affect Earth, other planets, humans and our technological systems."
The debris appears to be rocky and suggests that terrestrial planets like Tatooine might exist in the system, according to the researchers.
Today's Earth is a dynamic planet with an outer layer composed of giant plates that grind together, sliding past or dipping beneath one another, giving rise to earthquakes and volcanoes.
The idea that hydrogen can warm a planet is not new, but an Earth-like planet cannot hold onto its hydrogen for more than a few million years.
The launch of the first privately funded tourist flight beyond the orbit of the International Space Station is tentatively targeted for late 2018
National Science Day is celebrated on February 28 to commemorate the discovery of Raman Effect in 1928 by Indian physicist and Nobel Laureate Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman in India.
Supermassive black holes are millions to billions times more massive than our Sun.
The solar corona is so hot that it is best observed with X-ray and extreme-ultraviolet (EUV) cameras.
The Australian International Airshow will be held from tomorrow to Sunday in Avalon.
By 2018, NASA says it may send its first robotic spacecraft to the Sun that is slated to get within six million kilometres of the blazing star to probe its atmosphere.
The video begins with a nighttime view of the Small and Large Magellanic clouds, satellite galaxies of our Milky Way.
Johnson, portrayed in the movie 'Hidden Figures' by Taraji P Henson, worked for NASA as a research mathematician for more than 30 years, according to the US space agency's website.
The eclipse was to be most visible in a 100-kilometre band across Chile, Argentina, Angola, Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
On February 15, a PSLV released a flock of over 100 nano- and micro-satellites of overseas customers for a fee.
The annular solar eclipse, also known as 'ring of fire' eclipse, does not occur all too often, but when it happens it surely captivates the hearts of those who look up at the night sky.
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Terror attack outside British Parliament, several injured
- Delhi doctors wear helmets to work in support to their counterparts in Maharashtra
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Netaji Subhash Park in Yogi Adityanath's hometown Gorakhpur under illegal occupation
- Why terror attacks are increasing in European countries
- DNA: Analysing the problem of water scarcity in India
- DNA: Why India is lacking behind many countries in World happiness index?
- DNA: Today in history, 23 March 2017
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers
- Kapil Sharma case: Bombay HC stays FIR against comedian, directs BMC to resolve dispute
- SUDDEN INSPECTION! What happened when Yogi Adityanath paid surprise visit to Hazratganj police station
- VIRAL VIDEO: Here's what some Muslims did when Yogi Adityanath became UP CM
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad hits Air India staffer with slipper; complainant says 'God save our country'
- How will Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad go back to Pune? After Air India, IndiGo cancels his ticket
- Shaun Tait becomes an 'Overseas Citizen of India' – Does that make him eligible to play for India in future?