Recently, the US walked out of the Paris Climate Change Treaty while India continues to honour its commitments.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has selected the Laser Interferometer Space Antenna (LISA) to study gravitational waves in space - a mission in which NASA will partner with ESA in design, development, operations and data analysis.
The satellite's structure is fully 3D printed with reinforced carbon fibre polymer.
Historical accounts of bright nights go back centuries. European newspapers and the scientific literature also carried observations of these events in 1783, 1908 and 1916.
These clouds, or vapor tracers, that will allow scientists on the ground or by aircraft to visually track particle motions in space, may be visible along the mid-Atlantic coastline from New York to North Carolina.
This launch marked the second time that SpaceX has reflown a Falcon 9 first stage, after the March launch of the SES-10 satellite.
NASA has released a beautiful image of Jupiter's band of light and dark clouds.
As per NASA, the multi-canister ampoule ejection system being tested on this mission will allow scientists to gather information over a much larger area than previously able during a sounding rocket mission to study the ionosphere or aurora.
Addressing the media after flagging off ISRO's workhorse rocket, the PSLV-C38, he said that ISRO was all set for the launch of GSAT-17 and there is more lined up for the future.
The image was taken on June 5, 2017, two months before the fifth anniversary of Curiosity's landing near Mount Sharp on Aug. 5 PDT (Aug. 6, 2017, EDT and Universal Time).
Taking advantage of the data provided by JunoCam, citizen scientists Gerald Eichstädt and Seán Doran have managed to create a stunning enhanced-color image of Jupiter’s bands of light and dark clouds.
The results of this NASA-funded study were published in Science on June 22, 2017 — a special time of the year for the IRIS mission, which celebrates its fourth anniversary in space on June 26.
Here are key facts you need to know about the PSLV-C38/Cartosat-2 series mission and why it is important for the country.
The co-passenger satellites comprise 29 nano satellites from 14 countries - Austria, Belgium, Britain, Chile, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, and the US as well as one Indian nano satellite.
Weighing just 64grams, the satellite was designed and built by 18-year-old Rifath Sharook along with six other teammates.
Planetary Transits and Oscillations of stars (PLATO) mission will be launched into the 'L2' virtual point in space - 1.5 million kilometres beyond the Earth, as seen from the Sun - and will monitor thousands of bright stars over a large area of the sky.
The discovery challenges the current understanding of how massive galaxies form and evolve, researchers said.
On August 21, 2017, the Earth will cross the shadow of the moon, creating a total solar eclipse. During the eclipse, the moon will pass between the Sun and Earth, blocking the face of the sun and leaving only its outer atmosphere, or corona, visible in the sky.
According to ISRO, the PSLV rocket's XL variant carrying the 712 kg Cartosat-2 series satellite and 30 co-passenger satellites together weighing about 243 kg is expected to lift off on Friday morning at 9.29 a.m. from the First Launch Pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR, Sriharikota.
NASA has signed an agreement with Italian Space Agency for the launch of a probe that will provide important clues about the origins of cosmic X-rays, their interactions with matter and gravity as they travel through space.
He is convinced that humans need to leave Earth if they have to survive for another million years.
Fitzsimmons was highlighting the threat for Asteroid Day, a global event on June 30, in which he also said that it is just a matter of time.
The NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar, or NISAR, satellite will provide an unprecedented detailed view of Earth by using advanced radar imaging.
The launch of a Terrier-Improved Malemute sounding rocket that will create artificial, colourful clouds in space has now been rescheduled for Saturday, June 24, with a launch window between 9:07 and 9:22 p.m. EDT.
The 30 satellites will together weigh 243 kg and the total weight of all the 31 satellites, including Cartosat, is about 955 kg, ISRO said.
As per the US space agency, the launch of the NASA Terrier-Improved Malemute sounding rocket scheduled for Monday, June 19, has been postponed to June 20, Tuesday, because the weather is not expected to be conducive for launch.
The spacecraft is expected to circle the planet for another five years as it has still got about 15kg of fuel left.
With the latest release, Kepler has detected a total of 4,034 planet candidates, of which 2,335 have been verified as exoplanets.
Zhongxing-9A was launched aboard the Long March-3B carrier rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre at 12.11 a.m. (local time), reports Xinhua news agency.
- Minor gives birth in school, accuses auto driver of rape
- Watch: Heavy rains cause flood-like situation in various parts of country
- UP government wants 'VIP' lanes at toll plazas
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- India 3rd largest target to witness most terror activities, says report issued by US foreign ministry
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- Operation All-Out: 111 terrorists killed so far in Kashmir by Indian Army
- Security forces kill one terrorist in J&K's Machel Sector
- Is UP CM Yogi Adityanath going against PM Modi's move to end red beacon culture?
- Watch: Vegetable sellers deploy gunmen for security of tomatoes in Indore
- Delhi: Overspeeding car kills 25-year-old at ITO
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher get death sentence for murder of Pinki Sarkar
- Pune: NDA Cadet found hanging in his room
- Hooligans and police clash in Jewar, Greater Noida; 4 arrested, 2 absconding
- JNU V-C wants tank on campus to remind students of Army’s sacrifices
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- VTU Results: Visvesvaraya Technological University VTU 8th sem results declared, check @ vtu.ac.in
- 45-year-old Chinese woman skips breakfast for eight years, develops 200 gallstones
- ICC Women's World Cup Final: England vs India - As it happened...
- Saliva analysis turns up evidence of 'ghost' ancient human species!
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- Indian workers emigrating to 6 Gulf nations declines by 34.6%, remittances fall
- Two Jordanians die in shooting at Israeli embassy in Amman: Security source
- India vs England, ICC Women’s World Cup 2017, Final: Live Streaming, TV Listing, Date, Time, Venue
- Ram Mandir should be constructed within legal framework: BJP chief Amit Shah
- Thor: Ragnarok TRAILER will blow your mind away! WATCH
- Canadian PM Trudeau goes 'desi, offers prayers in Indian attire to mark 10th anniversary of BAPS temple
- WATCH: MS Dhoni hits three consecutive 6s in TNPL six-hitting competition
- Terror funding in Kashmir: Son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, 6 other separatist leaders arrested by NIA