While engineers are just getting started analysing the data, the test verified that the motor can fire within milliseconds when needed and will work as expected under high temperatures, according to NASA.
Since its launched in November 2013, MAVEN has come up with multiple discoveries, revealing how the Sun stripped Mars of most of its atmosphere.
The Progress MS-06 cargo spacecraft was launched on Wednesday, June 14 on board a Soyuz-2.1a carrier rocket from the Baikonur space site in Kazakhstan.
NASA's Juno spacecraft has captured a clear view of the south polar region of Jupiter.
The rocket powered by its own cryogenic engine at the upper stage, placed communication satellite GSAT-19 weighing 3,136 km or 3.1 tonne.
The James Webb Space Telescope is designed to complement and extend the scientific capabilities of other NASA missions such as the Hubble Space Telescope
Quantum entanglement, which Einstein referred to as "a spooky action at a distance," is a curious phenomenon in which particles are "linked" together in such a way that they affect one another regardless of distance.
The image shows Cassini spoting bright methane clouds drifting in the summer skies of Saturn's moon Titan, along with dark hydrocarbon lakes and seas clustered around the north pole.
The Progress MS-06 cargo spacecraft or Progress 67 is set to dock to the aft port of the Zvezda Service Module at 7:42 a.m. EDT today, June 16.
Musk, who has outlined his vision for a self-sustaining city on the red planet, believes that human colonies on Mars could be built within our lifetime.
This will be Japan's third Quasi-Zenith Satellite, a device designed to improve global navigation and augment signals emitted by the US-owned GPS, which has a 10-metre margin of error.
The point he put forward was that if humans are seeking long-term settlement in deep space, sex cannot be forgotten.
Weighing 2.5-tonnes, the telescope dubbed Insight, was sent into an orbit of 550 km above the Earth to help scientists better understand the evolution of black holes, and the strong magnetic fields and the interiors of pulsars.
SOFIA flies above 99 percent of the Earth's water vapour, enabling the research group to characterise the properties of the torus-shaped dust structures at far-infrared wavelengths.
NASA syas the launch is now scheduled for no earlier than Thursday, June 15, with a launch window from 9:05 to 9:20 p.m. EDT.
The Progress MS-06 spacecraft, also known as the 67th Russian supply vehicle, is being launched at 5:20 a.m. EDT Wednesday (3:20 p.m. Baikonur time), June 14, from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
Results suggest the nascent gas giant was already that big within the first 1 million years of solar system history.
The experiment will include ingredients and equipment for a German bread roll – which astronaut Alexander Gerst, who's heading to the ISS in April 2018, will carry with him.
Data from the Cassini mission has shown that Cassini Regio on Iapetus is covered in a layer of dark, dusty material creating a stark contrast to the much brighter region that surrounds it, which leads to the moon's distinctive, two-toned appearance.
The launch of a Terrier-Improved Malemute sounding rocket is now scheduled for Tuesday night, June 13, with a launch window from 9:04 to 9:19 p.m. EDT.
One of the two worlds is a Saturn-mass planet, while the other one is a cold exoplanet several times more massive than Jupiter.
Curiosity landed near Mount Sharp in Gale Crater in August 2012. It reached the base of the mountain in 2014. Layers of rocks at the base of Mount Sharp accumulated as sediment within ancient lakes around 3.5 billion years ago.
The next liftoff attempt has been rescheduled for Monday, June 12, with a launch window from 9:04 to 9:19 p.m. EDT, says NASA.
The gigantic catalogue of about 25 billion virtual galaxies generated from 2 trillion digital particles using a super computer is being used to calibrate the experiments on board the Euclid satellite, that will be launched in 2020.
The phrase signals that the atomic clocks -- that provide locational data -- in the six navigation satellites are functioning normally.
A team of 22 persons including a university professor is set for a deep sea expedition by NASA to test simulated spacewalks.
NASA's next robotic Mars rover is set to land on the red planet in 2020. The rover will search for signs of past microbial life and collect core samples for a potentially future return to Earth.
The IRAS 16293-2422 is a multiple protostar system, in a large star-forming region called Rho Ophiuchi in the Serpent Bearer constellation.
Researchers measured the mass of a white dwarf star by analysing how much it bent the light of a more distant star, just as Einstein asserted could be done more than a century ago, as per Efe news report.
The two clusters, which are located some 2.4 billion light years away, would create a larger galaxy cluster dubbed by scientists as Abell 115.
- Minor gives birth in school, accuses auto driver of rape
- Watch: Heavy rains cause flood-like situation in various parts of country
- UP government wants 'VIP' lanes at toll plazas
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- India 3rd largest target to witness most terror activities, says report issued by US foreign ministry
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- Operation All-Out: 111 terrorists killed so far in Kashmir by Indian Army
- Security forces kill one terrorist in J&K's Machel Sector
- Is UP CM Yogi Adityanath going against PM Modi's move to end red beacon culture?
- Watch: Vegetable sellers deploy gunmen for security of tomatoes in Indore
- Delhi: Overspeeding car kills 25-year-old at ITO
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher get death sentence for murder of Pinki Sarkar
- Pune: NDA Cadet found hanging in his room
- Hooligans and police clash in Jewar, Greater Noida; 4 arrested, 2 absconding
- JNU V-C wants tank on campus to remind students of Army’s sacrifices
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- VTU Results: Visvesvaraya Technological University VTU 8th sem results declared, check @ vtu.ac.in
- 45-year-old Chinese woman skips breakfast for eight years, develops 200 gallstones
- ICC Women's World Cup Final: England vs India - As it happened...
- Saliva analysis turns up evidence of 'ghost' ancient human species!
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- Indian workers emigrating to 6 Gulf nations declines by 34.6%, remittances fall
- Two Jordanians die in shooting at Israeli embassy in Amman: Security source
- India vs England, ICC Women’s World Cup 2017, Final: Live Streaming, TV Listing, Date, Time, Venue
- Ram Mandir should be constructed within legal framework: BJP chief Amit Shah
- Thor: Ragnarok TRAILER will blow your mind away! WATCH
- Canadian PM Trudeau goes 'desi, offers prayers in Indian attire to mark 10th anniversary of BAPS temple
- WATCH: MS Dhoni hits three consecutive 6s in TNPL six-hitting competition
- Terror funding in Kashmir: Son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, 6 other separatist leaders arrested by NIA