Akshaya Tritiya 2017: Things you can do to make this festival more meaningful
Those who can afford can buy gold if they want to and those who can’t can still celebrate the festival.
Is buying gold a mandatory ritual on Akshaya Tritiya? The answer is– NO. Buying gold or investing in other precious items on this auspicious day is a custom influenced by the belief that precious metals are safe investment options.
Those who can afford can buy gold if they want to and those who can’t can still celebrate the festival. And the entire length of the day as per the Tithi is propitious.
You can either donate food, clothes, books or money to those who are genuinely in need of help. Here’s taking a look at what you can do on this auspicious day:
- Perform a simple Puja and pray to Lord Vishnu and Lakshmi to bless you. You can also perform a Lakshmi Kubera Puja.
- Do Anna danam. Give food to the poor. There’s nothing greater than donating food. The blessings you will receive from a starved person for satisfying his/her hunger or quenching his/her thirst will be immeasurable. The blessings of the Almighty can be attained by helping those in need.
- You can also help people who are in need – you can fund a child’s education or sponsor books or buy clothes or anything else that is needed.
- You can initiate a new beginning like a new business or a job.
- Plant new saplings and contribute your bit by making the environment a greener, healthier place.
- Not just the humans reach out to other living beings too. Feed a cow or a dog. In return, you will be showered with unconditional love and loyalty.