Rath Yatra 2017: Know more about Lord Jagannath, Balabhadra, Subhadra's holy chariots!
Know more about Lords' chariots!
New Delhi: Holy festival of Rath Yatra has already begun and is on full swing in the eastern state of India. Every year, millions of tourists throng to Puri to get the blessings of Lord Jagannath and his siblings.
The festival lasts for about 15 days and is celebrated in the Ashad Shukla Dwitya months of June-July. While many mysterious facts about Rath Yatra and Lord Jagannath still surprises people – here are some interesting details about the chariots used in the festival.
- All the three chariots are different from one another.
- Lord Jagannath's chariot Nandighosa is adorned with red and yellow robe.
- Lord Balabhadra's rath has red and blue colours.
- Devi Subhadra's rath is dressed up in red and black colour robe.
- Lord Jagannath's chariot is the tallest with 45'-6'' feet, while Shree Balabhadra's 45 feet and that of Devi Subhadra is 44'-6'' feet.
- Lord Jagannath's rath has 4 white horses, Shree Balabhadra's has 4 black horses and Devi Subhadra's has 4 red horses.