Spirituality: Learn how to meditate in six easy steps
In order to get control of our body, mind and soul, it is important to unwind and relax.
The complexities of urban life leave us completely exhausted. We are taxed not just physically but mentally too. Our health deteriorates as we spare little time for ourselves and our well-being.
In order to get control of our body, mind and soul, it is important to squeeze some time out of our busy schedules to unwind and relax.
And the best way to claim good health and mind is to meditate.
If you think meditating is not your cup of tea, ponder over it again.
Anyone can meditate and it’s no rocket science.
Let’s take a look at these simple steps to learn how to meditate and make the same a habit:
- Get up half-an-hour before your scheduled regular wake-up time.
- Choose a cosy corner in your house. You don’t need to turn on lights. Meditation requires a dimly lit environment. Light an earthen lamp and a mild incense stick. The aroma will help you ease and relax.
- Spread a mat on the floor and sit in Padmasana posture with your eyes closed.
- Play the ‘OM’ chanting track on your phone or sound system. Keep the volume low.
- Take a deep breath. Inhale and exhale – slowly. Repeat it until you feel the air within your body gushing through your nostrils to the lungs and then backwards.
- Chant OM while holding your breath as long as you can. Make sure you don’t suffocate yourself. Repeat this procedure until you forget your surroundings while trying to connect with your inner self.