Vijaya Ekadashi is an auspicious day for fasting and it is believed that fasting on this day brings peace of mind as well as helps people to attain salvation. This year, Vijaya Ekadashi falls on February 11.
Devotees can consume fruits, vegetables, and milk to keep fast on this day. Consumption of grains and beans is not preferred on this day as it is believed that it is contaminated by sin.
Here are the timings for Vijaya Ekadashi Vrat:
Parana Time on February 12, 2018 = 07:06 to 09:17
Duration : 2 Hour 13 Minutes
Ekadashi Tithi Begins = 14:44 on Feb 10, 2018
Ekadashi Tithi Ends = 17:24 on Feb 11, 2018
- First of all, keep seven different kinds of cereals within the vedi or boundary on Ekadashi.
- Next, place a vessel or vase made out of gold, silver, copper and clay within it.
- You must take a resolution for fasting after bathing in the morning.
- now, establish the idol of Lord Vishnu on the Kalash.
- Worship the Lord with incense sticks, sandalwood, diyas, flowers, fruits, and tulsi.
- Along with fasting, you must also narrate the story.
- Conduct a jagrata in the name of Shri Hari and worship him with all your heart.
- On the twelfth day, one must feed the brahmins and donate the vessel or vase.
- Open your fast after you complete the vidhi successfully.