Paris: Serena Williams continued to dominate the WTA rankings despite being sidelined with an injury to her left knee.
The 33-year-old American was forced to abandon her defence of the China Open earlier this month due to the injury, with second-ranking Maria Sharapova going on to win the tournament.
But she is still nearly 2,000 points clear of the Russian atop the rankings.
Injury has also blighted Canada`s Eugenie Bourchard as she had to pull out of her second round tie in Linz last week.
That meant she dropped down one spot in the rankings from sixth to seventh with Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland moving ahead of her.
WTA world rankings:
1. Serena Williams (USA) 8,645
2. Maria Sharapova (RUS) 6,680
3. Simona Halep (ROM) 6,246
4. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 6,126
5. Li Na (CHN) 5,020
6. Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 4,650 (+1)
7. Eugénie Bouchard (CAN) 4,523 (-1)
8. Ana Ivanovic (SRB) 4,435
9. Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) 4,215
10. Angelique Kerber (GER) 3,745