After men, Indian women cricketers top ICC Rankings
Dubai: Indian players top the International Cricket Council`s ODI Women`s Rankings with Mithali Raj taking the numero uno spot in the batting chart and Jhulan Goswami heading the bowling list issued today.
But Claire Taylor has a chance to topple Mithali from the number one spot when England goes head to head first with Ireland in a one off ODI and then with New Zealand in a five-match series this month. Taylor currently sits third in the batting rankings.
In the Rankings for ODI bowlers, England`s Katherine Brunt, currently ranked fourth, only has 65 points between her and Jhulan and the 25-year-old will only need a few wickets to displace Australia`s Lisa Sthalekar in third place.
Brunt`s team-mates Holly Colvin, Nicky Shaw and Laura Marsh are currently occupying sixth, seventh and eighth and will all be pushing to rise up the rankings.
The Rankings for ODI all-rounders is currently topped by Australian Shelley Nitschke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured