Amla moves down in ICC Test batsman rankings after poor show in India Tests
Johannesburg: Veteran South African batsman Hashim Amla has reportedly slipped from the second position to the fourth in the ICC Test batsman rankings after the second and final Test against India in Durban, which the hosts won by ten wickets.
Although ODI captain AB de Villiers, who scored 74 in his only knock in Durban, remains atop the standings, Amla came down in the list following a disappointing innings` against the Indians at Kingsmead (3).
According to Sport24, West Indian Shivnarine Chanderpaul has moved up to second, followed by New Zealand`s Ross Taylor in third.
South African Test skipper Graeme Smith finds himself in eighth spot, while Jacques Kallis retired in 12th position, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH