Bailey says great to have Faulkner in Oz team
Sydney: Australia`s captain George Bailey has said that it is great to have someone like James Faulkner in his team because he is very competitive and keeps taking wickets.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Faulkner was fined 10 per cent of his match fee for giving Chris Gayle a send off after dismissing him in February and is one of everyone`s least-liked opponents.
However, bowler Mitchell Johnson said that Faulkner does like to give it back and the team thought that was great, adding that it was the Australian way and he did it at state level and has now brought it into international cricket.
Suresh Raina felt Faulkner`s barbs when he succumbed to the left-armer in Sunday`s loss in Pune, prompting a rebuke from the equally feisty Virat Kohli, the report said.
Interim Australian captain Bailey has confidence to call on his state teammate in a crisis because he is capable of doing great things, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened