Baroda beat Saurashtra by 10 runs in Vijay Hazare Trophy
Rajkot: Skipper Yusuf Pathan led from the front with an attacking century as Baroda eked out a narrow 10-run win against Saurashtra in the West Zone Vijay Hazare Trophy match, here today.
With this win, Baroda moved to second place in the points table.
Baroda scored 289 for 7, riding on Pathan`s 88-ball hundred after opener Saurabh Wakaskar made 40 and Shatrunjay Gaekwad hit 67.
Pathan struck 12 fours and a six before he was run out.
In reply, Saurashtra fell short of the target, scoring 279 for 7.
Pruthvipal Solanki hit 67 while Sheldon Jackson made 44 early on but they were reduced to 186 for 5 in the 40th over.
Chirag Jani tried to bring Saurashtra back into the game with an attacking 32-ball 58 but his effort was not enough to take the side home.
Brief Scores: Baroda 289 for 7 (Yusuf Pathan 100, Shatrunjay Gaekwad 67, Abhishek Bhatt 2-64).
Saurashtra: 279 for 7 (Pruthvipal Solanki 67, Chirag Jani 58 not out, Murtuza Vahora 2-64, Jyot Chhayta 2-43).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...