Baroda beat Saurashtra by 10 runs in Vijay Hazare Trophy
Rajkot: Skipper Yusuf Pathan led from the front with an attacking century as Baroda eked out a narrow 10-run win against Saurashtra in the West Zone Vijay Hazare Trophy match, here today.
With this win, Baroda moved to second place in the points table.
Baroda scored 289 for 7, riding on Pathan`s 88-ball hundred after opener Saurabh Wakaskar made 40 and Shatrunjay Gaekwad hit 67.
Pathan struck 12 fours and a six before he was run out.
In reply, Saurashtra fell short of the target, scoring 279 for 7.
Pruthvipal Solanki hit 67 while Sheldon Jackson made 44 early on but they were reduced to 186 for 5 in the 40th over.
Chirag Jani tried to bring Saurashtra back into the game with an attacking 32-ball 58 but his effort was not enough to take the side home.
Brief Scores: Baroda 289 for 7 (Yusuf Pathan 100, Shatrunjay Gaekwad 67, Abhishek Bhatt 2-64).
Saurashtra: 279 for 7 (Pruthvipal Solanki 67, Chirag Jani 58 not out, Murtuza Vahora 2-64, Jyot Chhayta 2-43).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP