Cuba`s Rances Barthelemy will make his first defence of his International Boxing Federation super featherweight world title Saturday against Argentine veteran Fernando Saucedo in Mashantucket, Connecticut.
Barthelemy won the IBF belt with a unanimous decision over Argenis Mendez in a world title rematch on July 10 -- improving to 20-0.
That followed a first meeting betweeen Barthelemy and Mendez in which Barthelemy landed a knockout blow that was deemed to have come an instant after the bell to end the second round -- resulting in a no-decision.
Barthelemy says the quick turnaround from his last outing won`t be a problem.
"I feel fresh going into this fight since the last Mendez fight wasn`t so rough," he said. "I prefer to stay busy and keep the ball rolling."
Saucedo, 32, brings a record of 52-5-3 to the bout.
His last defeat came back in 2010, when he dropped a unanimous decision to Indonesia`s Chris John in a World Boxing Association featherweight world title bout.
He has won 14 fights since then, stepping up in weight to super featherweight, and seven of his eight career knockouts have come during his current winning streak.
"He`s a very dangerous fighter who hasn`t lost a fight in many years," Barthelemy told doghouseboxing.com.
"I must break him down from the opening bell. That`s what I`m going to do."