By Suyash Srivastava | Friday, March 20, 2015 - 08:41
No matter where you were, no matter which was your favourite team, if you were watching Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene shaking hands with players in coloured jerseys for that one final time, post a humiliating defeat against South Africa and weren’t emotional, you possibly never were a cricket fan.
By Suyash Srivastava | Tuesday, March 3, 2015 - 16:27
At the IPL 8 auction, Royal Challengers Bangalore, who released their marquee player Yuvraj Singh for fresh bidding, were in a panic mode, as Delhi Daredevils seemed determined to buy the all-rounder at any cost. Vijay Mallya and his camp, who had sealed the all-rounder in a controversial bid last year, released the southpaw thinking he wasn't worth 14 crores.
By Dattaraj Thaly | Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 17:03
Singles' finals are the headline acts at any Grand Slam tournament. Australian Open 2015 was no different. Top-ranked players Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams delivered what was expected of them. Both made history – Novak, by becoming the first man in the modern era to win five Aussie Open titles and Serena, by conquering her 19th slam.
By Suyash Srivastava | Tuesday, February 3, 2015 - 11:26
Old friends know all your secrets. And thus when Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray met in the final of the Australian Open on Sunday, it was expected to be a neck-to-neck fight. The duo, who were born a week apart and have been playing together and against each other since the age of 12, know each other’s game better than anybody else.
By Dattaraj Thaly | Friday, January 30, 2015 - 22:39
On their way to Super Bowl XLIX , New England Patriots put on a football clinic to dismantle the Indianapolis Colts 45-7. NFL and Patriots' superstar quarterback Tom Brady piled on the misery for the Colts in a humiliating defeat.
However, in the wake of that triumph for New England, American sport was rocked with yet another controversy – Deflategate.
By Dattaraj Thaly | Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:05
As part of a promotional video for a nutrition and weight management brand they both endorse, Virat Kohli was once asked to record a personal video message for Cristiano Ronaldo. Such videos are often full of hackneyed phrases with athletes blurting out what the script demands of them.
By Suyash Srivastava | Wednesday, January 7, 2015 - 09:39
The wait is over. Ending all speculation, Indian selectors have announced their 15-man World Cup squad. While it has all the expected names, selectors left the cricket fraternity gobsmacked by excluding Robin Uthappa from the much-awaited list.
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference