By Rajdeep Saha | Tuesday, November 4, 2014 - 16:33
Louis van Gaal has endured the worst possible start for Manchester United in its 28-year history, as the English giants lie at a dismal 10th position after 10 games this season. Sadly, after a hefty summer signing spree, United's defensive woes have rocked van Gaal's start at the club.
By Dattaraj Thaly | Friday, October 31, 2014 - 10:46
FIFA announced its shortlist for the 2014 Ballon d'Or awards on Tuesday. The award is football's equivalent of Hollywood's Oscars. Like always, the 23-man list in contention for one of world football's most coveted prize raised a furore.
By Rajdeep Saha | Friday, October 31, 2014 - 00:55
After the summer departure of Liverpool's talisman Luis Suarez to Barcelona, manager Brendan Rodgers had a mighty task in his hands to fill up the void left by their star forward. In came Southampton's Rickie Lambert and AC Milan's Mario Balotelli. The latter was expected to be their new showman alongside Daniel Sturridge.
By Suyash Srivastava | Tuesday, November 4, 2014 - 00:26
If you don't consider his record in Test matches, especially overseas, MS Dhoni is someone who has led the Indian cricket team exceptionally well over the years in ODIs.
By Suyash Srivastava | Friday, October 31, 2014 - 10:50
What is a player supposed to do, when despite being the highest scorer for his country in all formats of the game, he is sacked by his board, citing reasons, which are yet to be known? What is a player supposed to do, when his own team-mates create a parody account on Twitter by his name?
By Rajdeep Saha | Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - 18:07
When Sir Alex Ferguson left the helm of affairs at Manchester United in 2013, it presented a situation from where the next destination was an unknown one. What he left was a defragmented champion squad, a chosen successor in Scotsman and former Everton manager David Moyes, and big shoes to fill for the latter.
By Dattaraj Thaly | Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 01:45
When Stuart Attwell blew the final whistle at Stadium:mk on August 26, the final score read: MK Dons 4-0 Manchester United. It was the very same day that United smashed the British transfer record to land one of world football’s hottest properties in Angel Di Maria.
By Suyash Srivastava | Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 18:56
The Indian batsmen who failed miserably in England would be desperately waiting for the forthcoming Windies tour at home.
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report