Brian Lara named Chittagong Kings brand ambassador
Dhaka: Former West Indies cricket captain Brian Lara has been named brand ambassador of Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) franchise Chittagong Kings.
Lara has signed a three-year contract with Kings and is expected in Dhaka in November to complete formalities.
The West Indies batting legend will be part of the Chittagong franchise`s delegation at the auction December 7, CMC reports.
"I am excited and honoured to announce that Brian Lara has agreed to join us as the brand ambassador of the Chittagong Kings," Sameer Quader Chowdhury, the franchise`s owner, told ESPNcricinfo.
"He will also be with us throughout the BPL campaign, which starts on January 17.
Before the tournament starts, he will be present for our corporate dealings and marketing activities. Apart from this, he will do social work and be involved in team`s activities and selection."
During the inaugural season of the BPL, former Australia players Michael Bevan and Dean Jones were part of the Chittagong Kings, as batting coach and technical director respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured