Commonwealth games 2014: India men falter, women judokas impress again
Glasgow: Indian women judokas Sunibala Huidrom (-70kg) and Garima Choudhary (-63kg) Friday advanced to the quarterfinals at the Commonwealth Games here but Balvinder Singh (-73kg) and Vikender Singh (-81kg) both floundered in the men`s round of 32.
Huidrom beat Memory Zikhale of Botswana in the preliminary round of 16 bout via `Waza-ari` (half-point) while Garima registered a `Golden Score` win over Cameroon`s Bibiene Fopa.
In the men`s section, Balvinder Singh lost to Edson Madeira by a `Tomoe-nage` throw while Eric Jean Omgba Fouda ousted Vikender Singh through `Ippon` in a contest lasting just 53 seconds.
In the quarters, later in the day, Garima will take on Scotland`s Sarah Clark while Huidrom faces Australian Catherine Scott.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!