Commonwealth Games: Indian table tennis pair Sharath-Amalraj gets silver
Glasgow: Indian paddlers Achanta Sharath Kamal and Anthony Amalraj had to settle for the silver medal in the men`s doubles after they lost 1-3 to Singapore`s Hu Li and Ning Gao in the title clash of the 2014 Commonwealth Games here on Friday.
Sharath and Amalraj lost 11-8, 7-11, 9-11, 5-11 in 33 minutes to the Singaporean pair at the Scotstoun Sports Campus.
Another Singapore pair, Zi Yang and Jian Zhan won the bronze medal after they won the play-off match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31