Commonwealth Games: Indian women`s 4x400m relay team disqualified
Glasgow: Defending champions India were disqualified from the women`s 4x400m relay finals in the 2014 Commonwealth Games at the Hampden Park here on Saturday.
The women`s team comprised Debashree Majumdar, Tintu Luka, Ashwini Akkunji and Poovamma Machettira. The reasons behind their disqualifications were not known immediately. The girls had clocked three minutes and 33.67 seconds to qualify for the finals.
Ashwini was also a part of the team that had won the gold four years ago in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray