Commonwealth Games: Indian women`s 4x400m relay team disqualified
Glasgow: Defending champions India were disqualified from the women`s 4x400m relay finals in the 2014 Commonwealth Games at the Hampden Park here on Saturday.
The women`s team comprised Debashree Majumdar, Tintu Luka, Ashwini Akkunji and Poovamma Machettira. The reasons behind their disqualifications were not known immediately. The girls had clocked three minutes and 33.67 seconds to qualify for the finals.
Ashwini was also a part of the team that had won the gold four years ago in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax