Commonwealth Games: Sandhu-Chinappa pair lose in mixed-doubles squash quarters
Glasgow: Indian duo of Harinder Pal Sandhu and Joshana Chinappa lost a hard-fought battle against the second-seeded New Zealand pair of Martin Knight and Joelle King in the mixed-doubles quarter-finals of squash here on Friday.
In a see-saw battle, the 10th-seeded pair of Sandhu and Joshana failed to hold their nerve in the third and final game as the duo lost 11-7 8-11 6-11 to dash India`s hopes of adding a medal to their tally.
Termed as one of the most well-played squash matches in this edition of the Commonwealth Games, Sandhu and Joshana did not play bad squash but their opponents were just better on the day.
Earlier Sandhu had also lost in the men`s doubles pre-quarterfinals with Sourav Ghosal.
India still hold on to their fifth spot in the medals tally with 13 gold, 20 silver and 15 bronze in the 20th edition of the CWG.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1