CWG 2014: Anaka reaches women`s plate final in squash
Glasgow: Indian squash player Anaka Alankamony earned a 3-1 win over Mihiliya Methsarani of Sri Lanka to enter the women`s plate final at the Commonwealth Games here Sunday.
The 20-year-old Chennai girl won 11-4, 11-6, 11-7 to enter the summit clash where she will take on Welsh Deon Saffery.
However, Mahesh Mangaonkar suffered a 1-3 loss in the men`s classic plate semi-final to Canadian Shawn Delierre who won 11-6, 11-4, 7-11, 11-8.
Saurav Ghosal will play his men`s singles quarterfinal later in the day against English James Willstrop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire