CWG 2014: Anaka reaches women`s plate final in squash
Glasgow: Indian squash player Anaka Alankamony earned a 3-1 win over Mihiliya Methsarani of Sri Lanka to enter the women`s plate final at the Commonwealth Games here Sunday.
The 20-year-old Chennai girl won 11-4, 11-6, 11-7 to enter the summit clash where she will take on Welsh Deon Saffery.
However, Mahesh Mangaonkar suffered a 1-3 loss in the men`s classic plate semi-final to Canadian Shawn Delierre who won 11-6, 11-4, 7-11, 11-8.
Saurav Ghosal will play his men`s singles quarterfinal later in the day against English James Willstrop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Parliament video: Speaker forms 9-member probe panel, asks Bhagwant Mann not to attend House
- Impressed with Narendra Modi; India is in safe hands under his government - Praises by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- NASA's Viking mission data to unfold Mars' mystery
- Kolkata: Boy found killed after party at Amit Chaudhuri's house, author denies knowing him