CWG 2014: Anaka reaches women`s plate final in squash
Glasgow: Indian squash player Anaka Alankamony earned a 3-1 win over Mihiliya Methsarani of Sri Lanka to enter the women`s plate final at the Commonwealth Games here Sunday.
The 20-year-old Chennai girl won 11-4, 11-6, 11-7 to enter the summit clash where she will take on Welsh Deon Saffery.
However, Mahesh Mangaonkar suffered a 1-3 loss in the men`s classic plate semi-final to Canadian Shawn Delierre who won 11-6, 11-4, 7-11, 11-8.
Saurav Ghosal will play his men`s singles quarterfinal later in the day against English James Willstrop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look
- HORRIFIC: Woman gang-raped, attacked with acid before being dumped on road in Kanpur
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts