CWG 2014: Indian weightlifter Chandrakant Mali gets bronze
Glasgow: Weightlifter Chandrakant Mali won the bronze medal in the men`s 94kg category bringing home the 10th medal for India in the day at the Commonwealth Games here Tuesday.
The gold went to Papua New Guinea`s Steven Kukuna Kari with a total lift of 349kg while Cameroon-born Simplice Ribouem of Australia took the silver also with a lift of 349kg at the Clyde Auditorium. Kari, however, was declared the winner on account of lesser body weight.
Mali lifted a total of 338kg. He had lifted 150kg in his third attempt in snatch and 188kg in clean and jerk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch