CWG 2014: Karnataka govt announces cash award for Vikas Gowda, Prakash Nanjappa
Bangalore: Karnataka Government has announced a cash award of Rs 25 lakh to Vikas Gowda and Rs 15 lakh to Prakash Nanjappa for their achievements in the Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
Discus thrower Gowda and shooter Nanjappa, both from Karnataka, have secured gold and silver medal respectively in their categories.
Lauding their achievements, Abhaya Chandra Jain, Minister for Youth Services and Fisheries, in a statement said, "State government will give away cash award of Rs 25 lakh to Vikas Gowda and Rs 15 lakh to Prakash Nanjappa."
Stating that they will be felicitated by the Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, the Minister said, "Their achievements are inspiration to young sportsmen in the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi