CWG 2014: L Sarita Devi in quarters, defending champion Manoj out
Glasgow: Indian pugilist L Sarita Devi advanced to the quarterfinals after winning in women`s 57-60 kg opening bout but it was curtains for defending champion Manoj Kumar, who lost his last 8 bout in the 20th Commonwealth Games here today.
Sarita knocked out Nigeria`s Kehinde Obareh 2-0 in the last 16 clash. The 32-year-old Manipuri boxer notched up 10:9 points in both the rounds.
The Indian will next take on Welsh Charlene Jones in the quarterfinals tomorrow.
For Manoj Kumar, in the men`s lightweight 64kg bout, the Games ended rather early as he proved to be no match for England`s Samuel Maxwell, who registered a 3-0 victory over his opponent from India. The Englishman won with identical scorelines of 27:30 in each of the three rounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray