CWG 2014: Narayan qualifies for hammer throw final, Kamalpreet ousted
Glasgow: C Narayan Singh on Monday qualified for the finals of the men`s hammer throw event at the 20th Commonwealth Games even as Kamalpreet Singh crashed out in the qualifying round, here.
23-year-old Narayan threw the hammer to a distance of 67.95 in his first attempt, which proved to be his best and enought to make it to the 12-man final.
His second attempt was disapproved and in the third he managed a distance of 67.20m.
Kamalpreet, competing in other group, finished sixth with his best throw of 65.25m, which came in his first attempt.
He managed 62.90m and 63.67m in his next two attempts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory