CWG 2014: Narayan qualifies for hammer throw final, Kamalpreet ousted
Glasgow: C Narayan Singh on Monday qualified for the finals of the men`s hammer throw event at the 20th Commonwealth Games even as Kamalpreet Singh crashed out in the qualifying round, here.
23-year-old Narayan threw the hammer to a distance of 67.95 in his first attempt, which proved to be his best and enought to make it to the 12-man final.
His second attempt was disapproved and in the third he managed a distance of 67.20m.
Kamalpreet, competing in other group, finished sixth with his best throw of 65.25m, which came in his first attempt.
He managed 62.90m and 63.67m in his next two attempts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video