CWG 2014: Pallikal, Joshana begin with win
Glasgow: India`s top squash players Dipika Pallikal and Joshana Chinappa started their campaign in women`s doubles with a comprehensive win over Sri Lanka`s Mihiliya Methsarani and Nadindhi Udangawa here.
The fifth seeded Indians won the women`s double Pool D match 2-0 (11-3 11-4).
The men however faltered as the duo of Saurav Ghosal and Harinder Pal Sandhu proved to be no match for 10th seeds Peter Creed and David Evans of Wales in men`s double Pool D match at the Scotstoun Campus.
The seventh seeded Indians lost 2-0 (11-8 11-3).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards