CWG 2014: Poovamma Machettira fails to qualify for women`s 400m finals
Glasgow: Indian athlete Poovamma Machettira failed to qualify for the women`s 400 metre final, finishing fifth in semi-final 1 of the 2014 Commonwealth Games at the Hampden Park Stadium here Monday.
Poovamma, who started in lane 8, clocked a time of 52.88 seconds, much slower than her season best of 51.73 seconds.
Had the 24-year-old replicated her season best time, she would have qualified for the finals.
Instead, England`s Kelly Massey with a personal best time of 52.19 secs finished second behind Jamaica`s Stephanie McPherson, who topped semis 1 with a time of 50.69.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region