CWG 2014: Poovamma Machettira fails to qualify for women`s 400m finals
Glasgow: Indian athlete Poovamma Machettira failed to qualify for the women`s 400 metre final, finishing fifth in semi-final 1 of the 2014 Commonwealth Games at the Hampden Park Stadium here Monday.
Poovamma, who started in lane 8, clocked a time of 52.88 seconds, much slower than her season best of 51.73 seconds.
Had the 24-year-old replicated her season best time, she would have qualified for the finals.
Instead, England`s Kelly Massey with a personal best time of 52.19 secs finished second behind Jamaica`s Stephanie McPherson, who topped semis 1 with a time of 50.69.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'