CWG 2014: Poovamma Machettira fails to qualify for women`s 400m finals
Glasgow: Indian athlete Poovamma Machettira failed to qualify for the women`s 400 metre final, finishing fifth in semi-final 1 of the 2014 Commonwealth Games at the Hampden Park Stadium here Monday.
Poovamma, who started in lane 8, clocked a time of 52.88 seconds, much slower than her season best of 51.73 seconds.
Had the 24-year-old replicated her season best time, she would have qualified for the finals.
Instead, England`s Kelly Massey with a personal best time of 52.19 secs finished second behind Jamaica`s Stephanie McPherson, who topped semis 1 with a time of 50.69.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list