CWG 2014: Poovamma Machettira fails to qualify for women`s 400m finals
Glasgow: Indian athlete Poovamma Machettira failed to qualify for the women`s 400 metre final, finishing fifth in semi-final 1 of the 2014 Commonwealth Games at the Hampden Park Stadium here Monday.
Poovamma, who started in lane 8, clocked a time of 52.88 seconds, much slower than her season best of 51.73 seconds.
Had the 24-year-old replicated her season best time, she would have qualified for the finals.
Instead, England`s Kelly Massey with a personal best time of 52.19 secs finished second behind Jamaica`s Stephanie McPherson, who topped semis 1 with a time of 50.69.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video