CWG 2014: Winning gold is dream coming true, says Dipika Pallikal
Chennai: Squash Doubles gold winner Dipika Pallikal on Wednesday said that Joshna Chinappa and she went to the Commonwealth Games with a goal of winning medals and to achieve the target was a dream come true.
"We went in with a goal of winning a few medals. We dreamt of winning. We never thought it would actually happen. It is a dream come true," Pallikal told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
She added that the CWG was like Olympics for squash players as the game does not feature in the Olympic sports.
Asked if the CWG events were challenging, she said "Any platform in a multi-sport event is tough".
On the Tamil Nadu government`s announcement of Rs.50 lakh cash award, she said, "It`s great.
"The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister is always supportive of women and sports. When we heard it, Joshna and I were very happy and very thankful to her."
On her future plans, Pallikal said she has taken a few days off before going to the court again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre