CWG 2014: Winning gold is dream coming true, says Dipika Pallikal
Chennai: Squash Doubles gold winner Dipika Pallikal on Wednesday said that Joshna Chinappa and she went to the Commonwealth Games with a goal of winning medals and to achieve the target was a dream come true.
"We went in with a goal of winning a few medals. We dreamt of winning. We never thought it would actually happen. It is a dream come true," Pallikal told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
She added that the CWG was like Olympics for squash players as the game does not feature in the Olympic sports.
Asked if the CWG events were challenging, she said "Any platform in a multi-sport event is tough".
On the Tamil Nadu government`s announcement of Rs.50 lakh cash award, she said, "It`s great.
"The Tamil Nadu Chief Minister is always supportive of women and sports. When we heard it, Joshna and I were very happy and very thankful to her."
On her future plans, Pallikal said she has taken a few days off before going to the court again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?