India schedule on Day 4 at 2014 Commonwealth Games
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Day 4 of the 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games has 23 gold medals to win with athletics competitions commencing. After a productive day 3, India will continue the medal hunt in events as varied as badminton, shooting, table tennis and weightlifting.
In badminton, India will take on England in the Mixed Team event. In another team event, Indian women`s table tennis team will fight for the bronze medal against their Australian rivals. Then, men`s team will play the English team for a place in the finals.
India will hope to see some more medals from shooting as the pairs of Ankur Mittal and Mohd Asab, and Shreyasi Singh and Varsha Varman feature in men`s and women`s Double trap events respectively.
Four Indian lifters will compete for the two medals available today in weightlifting. Punam Yadav and Vandana Gupta will compete in the women`s 63 kg event while Katulu Ravi Kumar and Sathish Sivalingam will be in action in men`s 77kg event.
There will be a sizeable Indian representation in the preliminary rounds in athletics, boxing, athletics, lawn bowls, swimming, etc.
Other important events of the day, for which gold medals will be decided, are men`s and women`s marathons, and men`s 5,000m from the track and field, men`s 100m free, 50m backstroke and 4x200m freestyle relay, women`s 200m backstroke, 50m butterfly, 200m medley from the swimming pool, men`s keirin and scratch race, women`s sprint, points race in cycling, women`s 63kg and rugby sevens.
Following is the schedule (tentative timings) of India on the fourth day of the Glasgow Commonwealth Games today:
20:10 IST: Men`s Shot Put Qual. Round 1 - Om Parkash Singh Karhana
20:37 IST: Women`s 100m Round 1 - Sharadha Narayana
21:25 IST: Women`s 400m Round 1 - Machettira Poovamma
14:30 IST: Mixed Team Semi-final – India vs England
16:10 IST: Men`s Light Welter (64kg) Round of 16 - Manoj Kumar vs Arthur Biyarslanov (CAN)
00:10 IST(Jul 28): Men`s Light Heavy (81kg) Round of 16 - Sumit Sangwan vs Mohamed Hakimu Fumu (Tanzania)
20:30 IST: Women`s Preliminary - Match India vs New Zealand
17:00 IST: Men`s Fours - Section B, Rd 1 – India vs South Africa
22:00 IST: Men`s Singles - Section B, Rd 1 - Bahadur Singh (IND) vs Abdul Rais (MAS).
14:30 IST: Double Trap Men`s Qualification - Ankur Mittal and Mohd Asab
14:30 IST: Double Trap Women`s Final - Shreyasi Singh & Varsha Varman
15:18 IST: Men`s 50m Breaststroke - Sandeep Sejwal
16:16 IST: Men`s 100m Butterfly - Sajan Prakash
14:00 IST: Women`s Team Bronze Medal Match – India vs Australia
23:30 IST: Men`s Team Semi-final – India vs England
20:00 IST: Women`s 63kg - Punam Yadav and Vandana Gupta
00:00 IST (Jul 28): Men`s 77kg - Katulu Ravi Kumar and Sathish Sivalingam
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened