Indian women annihilate T&T 14-0 in CWG Hockey
Glasgow: A dominant Indian women`s hockey team annihilated hapless Trinidad and Tobago by a whopping 14-0 margin in its third game of the 20th Commonwealth Games here today.
In a completely lop-sided match, India made mincemeat of the Africa nation as they smashed as many as nine goals in the first half itself, before pumping in five more after the breather.
The Trinidadians` leaky defense let them down as eight Indian players entered the scoresheet at the Glasgow National Hockey Center.
Vandana Katariya (4th minute), Dipika Thakur (11th, 27th, 64th), Rani Rampaul (12th, 19th, 25th), Jaspreet Kaur (18th, 41st, 48th), Ritu Rani (22nd), Anuradha Thokchom (31st), Anupa Barla (53rd), Ritusha Arya (68th) scored for India.
India`s dominating display right from the start left the T&T players clueless as they created opportunities at will and toyed with their rival defence.
Four minutes from the start, Vandana sounded the board after India earned its first penalty corner and seven minutes later, an on-rushing Dipika`s reverse hit found the T&T defence napping.
A minute later, Dipika fed Rani Rampaul inside the semi-circle and she sent it to the right of the post comfortably.
From the 16th to 18th minute, India earned three successive penalty corners and Jaspreet converted the third. Soon Rampaul made it 5-0 with a hit from the left flank.
In the 22th minute, skipper Ritu deflected home a shot by Jaspreet from another set-piece while three minutes later, Rampaul brought up her hattrict when her shot found a T&T stick and hovered over the goalkeeper to find the target.
In the 27th minute, Dipika sent one through the legs of the goalkeeper from the edge of the semicircle and then Anuradha got her name on the scoresheet when she hit home after a missed chance by Jaspreet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'