President congratulates Commonwealth Games medal winners
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Friday congratulated sportspersons who won medals at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow Thursday.
The president congratulated Lalita, Bijneesh Bajrang, Sakshi Malik, Satyavrat Kadian, Santoshi Matsa, Navjot Kaur and Swati Singh for the "impressive accomplishment" in their respective disciplines and gave his "best wishes for future success".
In separate letters, Mukherjee said: "Your achievement shows that Indian sports persons can achieve the pinnacle of any sport at the international level."
Silver medals were bagged by Lalita in the women`s freestyle 53 kg wrestling, Bijneesh Bajrang in men`s freestyle 61 kg wrestling, Sakshi Malik in women`s freestyle 58 kg wrestling, Satywart Kadian in men`s freestyle 97 kg wrestling and Santoshi Matsa in women`s 53 kg weightlifting.
Swati Singh and Navjot Kaur won bronze in women`s 53 kg weightlifting and freestyle 69 kg wrestling respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar