President congratulates CWG medallists
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Friday congratulated Indian weightlifters and judoka for winning medals on the opening day of the 20th Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.
"President Mukherjee has congratulated the Indian weightlifters and judoka who won medals on the opening day of the 20th Commonwealth Games," the official Twitter handle of the President said.
Weightlifters Sanjita Khumukcham and Mirabai Saikhom Chanu won gold and silver respectively in women`s 48-kg category while judoka Sushila Likmabam bagged a silver in the women`s 48-kg category on the opening day of the games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?