President congratulates CWG medallists
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Friday congratulated Indian weightlifters and judoka for winning medals on the opening day of the 20th Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.
"President Mukherjee has congratulated the Indian weightlifters and judoka who won medals on the opening day of the 20th Commonwealth Games," the official Twitter handle of the President said.
Weightlifters Sanjita Khumukcham and Mirabai Saikhom Chanu won gold and silver respectively in women`s 48-kg category while judoka Sushila Likmabam bagged a silver in the women`s 48-kg category on the opening day of the games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!