President congratulates CWG medallists
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee Friday congratulated Indian weightlifters and judoka for winning medals on the opening day of the 20th Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland.
"President Mukherjee has congratulated the Indian weightlifters and judoka who won medals on the opening day of the 20th Commonwealth Games," the official Twitter handle of the President said.
Weightlifters Sanjita Khumukcham and Mirabai Saikhom Chanu won gold and silver respectively in women`s 48-kg category while judoka Sushila Likmabam bagged a silver in the women`s 48-kg category on the opening day of the games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test