Scotland expects big Indian turnout at Glasgow CWG
New Delhi: The international arm of the Scottish Government, the Scottish Development International (SDI), Thursday said it expects significant numbers of Indian visitors to travel to Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games to be held from July 23 to August 3.
India will send a contingent of 224 athletes for the Commonwealth Games.
Rajeev Mehta, Secretary General of the Indian Olympic Association, will accompany the Indian contingent that is travelling to Scotland for the Games. He attended a function organised by SDI here Thursday.
Indian CWG delegation members Karnam Malleswari (Weightlifting), Zafar Iqbal (Hockey), along with the Indian Judo and Gymnastics team members, were also present at the event.
The medals at the Games have been designed by renowned jeweller Jonathan Boyd, at the Glasgow School of Art.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'