Sindhu, Kashyap reach semifinals at CWG
Glasgow: Indian medal aspirants P V Sindhu and Parupalli Kashyap notched up straight-game wins in the women`s and men`s singles event to storm into the semifinals of the badminton competition at the 20th Commonwealth Games here on Friday.
World No. 11 Sindhu didn`t break any sweat as she brushed aside New Zealand`s Anna Rankin 21-10 21-9 in a 24-minute match while Kashyap, ranked 22, thrashed Daren Liew 21-13 21-14 in a match that lasted 38 minutes.
Sindhu, the world championship bronze medallist, will next take on Canada`s Michelle Li, while Delhi Games bronze winner Kashyap will meet Rajiv Ouseph of England at the Emirates Arena.
Sindhu and Kashyap had lost their respective matches against Li and Ouseph during the mixed team event against England and they would be desperate to seek revenge tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Memorial for India's 'missile man': Naidu, Parrikar unveil statue of APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Aamir Khan turns host for team 'Dangal'!
- No curfew in Srinagar, continues in south Kashmir
- Cockroach milk – The next big 'superfood' and a fantastic protein supplement?
- NASA explains the case of Ceres' missing large craters- Watch the video!