Sindhu, Kashyap reach semifinals at CWG
Glasgow: Indian medal aspirants P V Sindhu and Parupalli Kashyap notched up straight-game wins in the women`s and men`s singles event to storm into the semifinals of the badminton competition at the 20th Commonwealth Games here on Friday.
World No. 11 Sindhu didn`t break any sweat as she brushed aside New Zealand`s Anna Rankin 21-10 21-9 in a 24-minute match while Kashyap, ranked 22, thrashed Daren Liew 21-13 21-14 in a match that lasted 38 minutes.
Sindhu, the world championship bronze medallist, will next take on Canada`s Michelle Li, while Delhi Games bronze winner Kashyap will meet Rajiv Ouseph of England at the Emirates Arena.
Sindhu and Kashyap had lost their respective matches against Li and Ouseph during the mixed team event against England and they would be desperate to seek revenge tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends