Sindhu, Kashyap reach semifinals at CWG
Glasgow: Indian medal aspirants P V Sindhu and Parupalli Kashyap notched up straight-game wins in the women`s and men`s singles event to storm into the semifinals of the badminton competition at the 20th Commonwealth Games here on Friday.
World No. 11 Sindhu didn`t break any sweat as she brushed aside New Zealand`s Anna Rankin 21-10 21-9 in a 24-minute match while Kashyap, ranked 22, thrashed Daren Liew 21-13 21-14 in a match that lasted 38 minutes.
Sindhu, the world championship bronze medallist, will next take on Canada`s Michelle Li, while Delhi Games bronze winner Kashyap will meet Rajiv Ouseph of England at the Emirates Arena.
Sindhu and Kashyap had lost their respective matches against Li and Ouseph during the mixed team event against England and they would be desperate to seek revenge tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- France`s highest court to rule Friday on burkini ban
- Casualty rate soars for Afghan security forces: NATO
- Sheena Bora murder case: 20 clips of recorded telephone conversations emerge
- Rio Olympics after-effects: Marathon runner OP Jaisha also tests positive for H1N1; hospitalised
- Hyderabad varsity JAC condemns judicial commission report