Sindhu, Kashyap reach semifinals at CWG
Glasgow: Indian medal aspirants P V Sindhu and Parupalli Kashyap notched up straight-game wins in the women`s and men`s singles event to storm into the semifinals of the badminton competition at the 20th Commonwealth Games here on Friday.
World No. 11 Sindhu didn`t break any sweat as she brushed aside New Zealand`s Anna Rankin 21-10 21-9 in a 24-minute match while Kashyap, ranked 22, thrashed Daren Liew 21-13 21-14 in a match that lasted 38 minutes.
Sindhu, the world championship bronze medallist, will next take on Canada`s Michelle Li, while Delhi Games bronze winner Kashyap will meet Rajiv Ouseph of England at the Emirates Arena.
Sindhu and Kashyap had lost their respective matches against Li and Ouseph during the mixed team event against England and they would be desperate to seek revenge tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon