Triple jumper Arpinder Singh clinches bronze at Commonwealth Games
Glasgow: Arpinder Singh signed off India`s show in athletics by winning the men`s triple jump bronze at the Commonwealth Games here on Saturday.
South Africa`s Khotso Mokoena won the gold with a season best performance of 17.2 metres while the silver went to Nigeria`s Tosin Oke, who also earned a season best jump of 16.84 metre at the Hampden Park Stadium.
The Amritsar-born Arpinder finished a close third with a best leap of 16.63m which he achieved on his first attempt.
He could not better his mark in the next three attempts with jumps reading 16.46m, 16.31m and 16.09m with fifth and sixth attempts being disqualified.
This is India`s third athletics medal from the Glasgow Games after Vikas Gowda`s gold and Seema Punia`s silver from discus throw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II