Triple jumper Arpinder Singh clinches bronze at Commonwealth Games
Glasgow: Arpinder Singh signed off India`s show in athletics by winning the men`s triple jump bronze at the Commonwealth Games here on Saturday.
South Africa`s Khotso Mokoena won the gold with a season best performance of 17.2 metres while the silver went to Nigeria`s Tosin Oke, who also earned a season best jump of 16.84 metre at the Hampden Park Stadium.
The Amritsar-born Arpinder finished a close third with a best leap of 16.63m which he achieved on his first attempt.
He could not better his mark in the next three attempts with jumps reading 16.46m, 16.31m and 16.09m with fifth and sixth attempts being disqualified.
This is India`s third athletics medal from the Glasgow Games after Vikas Gowda`s gold and Seema Punia`s silver from discus throw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read