Triple jumper Arpinder Singh clinches bronze at Commonwealth Games
Glasgow: Arpinder Singh signed off India`s show in athletics by winning the men`s triple jump bronze at the Commonwealth Games here on Saturday.
South Africa`s Khotso Mokoena won the gold with a season best performance of 17.2 metres while the silver went to Nigeria`s Tosin Oke, who also earned a season best jump of 16.84 metre at the Hampden Park Stadium.
The Amritsar-born Arpinder finished a close third with a best leap of 16.63m which he achieved on his first attempt.
He could not better his mark in the next three attempts with jumps reading 16.46m, 16.31m and 16.09m with fifth and sixth attempts being disqualified.
This is India`s third athletics medal from the Glasgow Games after Vikas Gowda`s gold and Seema Punia`s silver from discus throw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened