Vijender leads Indian boxing contingent at CWG
New Delhi: Olympic bronze medallist Vijender Singh will lead the Indian boxing contingent at the Commonwealth Games to be held in Glasgow from July 23 to Aug 3.
Eight men and three women have been selected in various weight categories by the Adhoc Committee Boxing. The contingent has reached the Scottish capital.
Men: L. Devendro Singh (49kg), Shiva Thapa (56kg), Manoj Kumar (64kg), Mandeep Jangra (69kg), Vijender Singh (75kg), Sumit Sangwan (81kg), Amreetpreet Singh (91kg), Parveen Kumar (+91kg), G.S. Sandhu (chief national coach), B.I. Fernandez (foreign coach), Jaydev Bisht (coach), C.A. Kuttappa (coach), Gagan (team doctor), Gaurav Ahluwalia (team physio)
Women: Pinki Jangra (51kg), L. Sarita Devi (60kg), Pooja Rani (75kg), Hemlata (coach), Romen Romero Darke (foreign coach)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender