Vijender leads Indian boxing contingent at CWG
New Delhi: Olympic bronze medallist Vijender Singh will lead the Indian boxing contingent at the Commonwealth Games to be held in Glasgow from July 23 to Aug 3.
Eight men and three women have been selected in various weight categories by the Adhoc Committee Boxing. The contingent has reached the Scottish capital.
Men: L. Devendro Singh (49kg), Shiva Thapa (56kg), Manoj Kumar (64kg), Mandeep Jangra (69kg), Vijender Singh (75kg), Sumit Sangwan (81kg), Amreetpreet Singh (91kg), Parveen Kumar (+91kg), G.S. Sandhu (chief national coach), B.I. Fernandez (foreign coach), Jaydev Bisht (coach), C.A. Kuttappa (coach), Gagan (team doctor), Gaurav Ahluwalia (team physio)
Women: Pinki Jangra (51kg), L. Sarita Devi (60kg), Pooja Rani (75kg), Hemlata (coach), Romen Romero Darke (foreign coach)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 10 killed Bangladesh local govt body polls violence
- Watch: Unbelievable! Extra-strong see-through wood is now a reality
- 'Ek Nai Subah': NDA govt celebrates 2 years in office; PM Narendra Modi vows to root out corruption
- Men angrier on Facebook than women: Study
- US blocks cluster-bomb sales to Saudis: Report