Vijender leads Indian boxing contingent at CWG
New Delhi: Olympic bronze medallist Vijender Singh will lead the Indian boxing contingent at the Commonwealth Games to be held in Glasgow from July 23 to Aug 3.
Eight men and three women have been selected in various weight categories by the Adhoc Committee Boxing. The contingent has reached the Scottish capital.
Men: L. Devendro Singh (49kg), Shiva Thapa (56kg), Manoj Kumar (64kg), Mandeep Jangra (69kg), Vijender Singh (75kg), Sumit Sangwan (81kg), Amreetpreet Singh (91kg), Parveen Kumar (+91kg), G.S. Sandhu (chief national coach), B.I. Fernandez (foreign coach), Jaydev Bisht (coach), C.A. Kuttappa (coach), Gagan (team doctor), Gaurav Ahluwalia (team physio)
Women: Pinki Jangra (51kg), L. Sarita Devi (60kg), Pooja Rani (75kg), Hemlata (coach), Romen Romero Darke (foreign coach)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman