VIT to support its security guard`s son Sathish for Commonwealth Games gold
Chennai: The VIT University (Vellore) has decided to extend its support towards weightlifter Sathishkumar Sivalingam, who won gold medal at the ongoing Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
Sathish is the son of VIT`s security guard Sivalingam.
VIT University founder-chancellor Dr G Viswanathan while appreciating Sivalingam`s accomplishment announced that the university would award a cash prize and felicitate him in a grand function after his return from Glasgow.
"We will extend all kind of support including financial assistance for our boy (Sathishkumar Sivalingam) to participate in international competitions. He has not only made Tamil Nadu and India proud, but his native town?Vellore. I am personally happy, as I was the Founder President of North Arcot Weight Lifting Association for over 20 years. Hence it gives me a sense of pride," Dr Viswanathan was quoted as saying in a media release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional