Athletics Australia suspends head coach over public feud with key athlete Sally Pearson
Glasgow: The Australian athletics camp is in turmoil with head coach Eric Hollingsworth suspended and likely to be sent home from the Commonwealth Games over his public spat with 100 meters hurdles star Sally Pearson.
According to the Daily Telegraph, Athletics Australia has acted quickly to dismiss Hollingsworth after he released a statement criticizing Pearson on the eve of her 100 meters hurdles title defence.
Hollingsworth is said to have acted without the consent of his federation, and for them, the timing and context of the statement was sufficient reason to sack him.
But the final decision on whether he remains in Glasgow is that of the Australian Commonwealth Games Association and they are expected to act in the next few hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!