Athletics Australia suspends head coach over public feud with key athlete Sally Pearson
Glasgow: The Australian athletics camp is in turmoil with head coach Eric Hollingsworth suspended and likely to be sent home from the Commonwealth Games over his public spat with 100 meters hurdles star Sally Pearson.
According to the Daily Telegraph, Athletics Australia has acted quickly to dismiss Hollingsworth after he released a statement criticizing Pearson on the eve of her 100 meters hurdles title defence.
Hollingsworth is said to have acted without the consent of his federation, and for them, the timing and context of the statement was sufficient reason to sack him.
But the final decision on whether he remains in Glasgow is that of the Australian Commonwealth Games Association and they are expected to act in the next few hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi