Boxer Evans ruled out of Commonwealth Games
Glasgow: Olympic medallist Fred Evans was ruled out of the Commonwealth Games boxing event on Tuesday after being refused accreditation following checks by the British Home Office and Games officials.
Welsh welterweight Evans, 23, a silver medal-winner at the London 2012 Olympic Games, did not travel to Glasgow with the Wales team, said British media reports.
No explanation for his refused accreditation was given.
The men’s welterweight boxing competition begins on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning