Commonwealth Games: England stun Australia to win men`s 4x100m medley gold
Glasgow: England inflicted Australia`s first relay defeat at the Commonwealth Games for eight years as they claimed gold in the men`s 4x100m freestyle relay on Tuesday.
The team of Chris Walker-Hebborn, Adam Peaty, Adam Barrett and Adam Brown came home in a Games record time of 3min 31:51sec to claim England`s 10th gold medal of the meet.
World 100m freestyle champion James Magnussen very nearly dug Australia out of trouble with a sensational final leg, but they came up just short and had to settle for 19 golds and a record tally of 57 medals from the Games.
And Chad le Clos claimed his seventh medal of the meet as South Africa won bronze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday