Commonwealth Games: England stun Australia to win men`s 4x100m medley gold
Glasgow: England inflicted Australia`s first relay defeat at the Commonwealth Games for eight years as they claimed gold in the men`s 4x100m freestyle relay on Tuesday.
The team of Chris Walker-Hebborn, Adam Peaty, Adam Barrett and Adam Brown came home in a Games record time of 3min 31:51sec to claim England`s 10th gold medal of the meet.
World 100m freestyle champion James Magnussen very nearly dug Australia out of trouble with a sensational final leg, but they came up just short and had to settle for 19 golds and a record tally of 57 medals from the Games.
And Chad le Clos claimed his seventh medal of the meet as South Africa won bronze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16