Commonwealth Games: Jamaican Bailey-Cole wins 100 metres
Glasgow: Jamaican Kemar Bailey-Cole won the Commonwealth Games 100 metres gold medal in a time of 10.00 seconds on Monday.
Bailey-Cole made a slow start out of the blocks at Hampden Park but his long stride helped him claw his way back into the main group at the midway point.
With 10 metres remaining he got on the shoulder of England`s Adam Gemili and powered past him to take victory.
Gemili took silver in 10.10 seconds while Jamaican Nickel Ashmeade claimed the bronze in 10.12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister