Commonwealth Games: Jamaican Bailey-Cole wins 100 metres
Glasgow: Jamaican Kemar Bailey-Cole won the Commonwealth Games 100 metres gold medal in a time of 10.00 seconds on Monday.
Bailey-Cole made a slow start out of the blocks at Hampden Park but his long stride helped him claw his way back into the main group at the midway point.
With 10 metres remaining he got on the shoulder of England`s Adam Gemili and powered past him to take victory.
Gemili took silver in 10.10 seconds while Jamaican Nickel Ashmeade claimed the bronze in 10.12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- PM Narendra Modi brings water to parched Saurashtra region in Gujarat
- Afghanistan deports 250 Pakistanis due to border tension
- India test fires Scramjet engine, joins elite club of nations
- Trupti Desai enters Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai; says happy that no one objected us
- Turkish bombardment kills 35 civilians in Syria: Monitor