Commonwealth Games: Jamaican Bailey-Cole wins 100 metres
Glasgow: Jamaican Kemar Bailey-Cole won the Commonwealth Games 100 metres gold medal in a time of 10.00 seconds on Monday.
Bailey-Cole made a slow start out of the blocks at Hampden Park but his long stride helped him claw his way back into the main group at the midway point.
With 10 metres remaining he got on the shoulder of England`s Adam Gemili and powered past him to take victory.
Gemili took silver in 10.10 seconds while Jamaican Nickel Ashmeade claimed the bronze in 10.12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal