Commonwealth Games: Tintu Luka fails to qualify for women`s 800m final
Glasgow: Indian athlete Tintu Luka failed to qualify for the women`s 800 metres final at the Commonwealth Games here Thursday.
The 25-year-old could only manage to finish seventh out of eight competitors in the first semi-final which was won by Kenya`s Eunice Sum in two minutes and 1.38 seconds at the Hampden Park Stadium.
Tintu led the race for a brief period towards the start but ran out of steam as all but one athlete overtook her with the Kerala girl finishing the race in 2:03.35.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state