Commonwealth Games: Tintu Luka fails to qualify for women`s 800m final
Glasgow: Indian athlete Tintu Luka failed to qualify for the women`s 800 metres final at the Commonwealth Games here Thursday.
The 25-year-old could only manage to finish seventh out of eight competitors in the first semi-final which was won by Kenya`s Eunice Sum in two minutes and 1.38 seconds at the Hampden Park Stadium.
Tintu led the race for a brief period towards the start but ran out of steam as all but one athlete overtook her with the Kerala girl finishing the race in 2:03.35.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...