Commonwealth Games: Tintu Luka fails to qualify for women`s 800m final
Glasgow: Indian athlete Tintu Luka failed to qualify for the women`s 800 metres final at the Commonwealth Games here Thursday.
The 25-year-old could only manage to finish seventh out of eight competitors in the first semi-final which was won by Kenya`s Eunice Sum in two minutes and 1.38 seconds at the Hampden Park Stadium.
Tintu led the race for a brief period towards the start but ran out of steam as all but one athlete overtook her with the Kerala girl finishing the race in 2:03.35.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement