Commonwealth Games: Tintu Luka fails to qualify for women`s 800m final
Glasgow: Indian athlete Tintu Luka failed to qualify for the women`s 800 metres final at the Commonwealth Games here Thursday.
The 25-year-old could only manage to finish seventh out of eight competitors in the first semi-final which was won by Kenya`s Eunice Sum in two minutes and 1.38 seconds at the Hampden Park Stadium.
Tintu led the race for a brief period towards the start but ran out of steam as all but one athlete overtook her with the Kerala girl finishing the race in 2:03.35.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress