CWG 2014: Aussie men ease past England into hockey final
Glasgow: Australia will face India or New Zealand for their fifth consecutive men`s hockey Commonwealth Games gold after they comfortably saw off England 4-1 on Saturday.
In the pouring rain in Glasgow it was England who were caught cold after just two minutes as Tristan White gave Australia the perfect start from a penalty corner before Simon Orchard doubled their lead just eight minutes later.
Harry Martin briefly gave England hope when he bundled home from close range on 52 minutes to half the deficit.
However, England never looked like levelling and Australia rounded off their victory with two more goals in the final 10 minutes as Chris Ciriello fired a penalty corner low into the net before Eddie Ockenden had the simple task of finishing into an open goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list