CWG 2014: Dominant Tom Daley retains diving title
Glasgow: England`s Tom Daley retained his 10-metre platform diving title with a dominant display at the Commonwealth Games on Saturday.
Daley, who won bronze in the same event at the London 2012 Olympics, produced a stunning performance to score 516.55 points and beat second-placed Malaysian Ooi Tze Liang (433.70) by a large margin. Canadian Vincent Riendeau (429.25) was third.
The 20-year-old`s triumph came after he picked up the silver medal with team mate James Denny in the synchronised 10-metre platform competition on Friday.
"It is the worst feeling being so far in front. You just think, `What if I do this? What if I do that?`," Daley told reporters.
"I try not to think about anybody else. It is a very individual sport. You can only think once you have finished.
"It has been a very, very long season. I am going to have a rest now. I have not had a day off in four weeks so I cannot wait for a lie-in tomorrow morning," added Daley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!