CWG 2014: Dominant Tom Daley retains diving title
Glasgow: England`s Tom Daley retained his 10-metre platform diving title with a dominant display at the Commonwealth Games on Saturday.
Daley, who won bronze in the same event at the London 2012 Olympics, produced a stunning performance to score 516.55 points and beat second-placed Malaysian Ooi Tze Liang (433.70) by a large margin. Canadian Vincent Riendeau (429.25) was third.
The 20-year-old`s triumph came after he picked up the silver medal with team mate James Denny in the synchronised 10-metre platform competition on Friday.
"It is the worst feeling being so far in front. You just think, `What if I do this? What if I do that?`," Daley told reporters.
"I try not to think about anybody else. It is a very individual sport. You can only think once you have finished.
"It has been a very, very long season. I am going to have a rest now. I have not had a day off in four weeks so I cannot wait for a lie-in tomorrow morning," added Daley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur