CWG medallist Shreyashi hurt by cold shoulder from Bihar government
Patna: Commonwealth Games silver medallist Shreyasi Singh on Monday expressed pain over Bihar government`s "dry approach" towards her achievement by not honouring her.
"It really hurts when the state government of my native place did not find time to acknowledge my achievement in the Commonwealth Games," Shreyasi, daughter of former Union minister Digvijay Singh and former MP Putul Singh, told reporters.
"Nobody from the government called me. I still hope the state government will honour my medal winning effort," she said after a felicitation function organised by an NGO here today.
"I thought somebody will be here from state government when I reached Patna last night... All medal winners of the Commonwealth Games were honoured by their state governments but I did not get any response from my own state," she rued.
Chairman of Legislative Council Awdesh Narayan Singh and former Kerala Governor Nikhil Kumar were present at the felicitation function.
Minister for Sports Binay Bihari could not be reached for comments as his mobile phone was switched off.
Shreyasi said she was working hard for the upcoming Asian Games which will be held in Incheon, next month.
"I will leave for Italy tomorrow for training with our national coach Marcello Dradi," she said.
The woman shooter lamented lack of infrastructure for the game in Bihar.
"I have approached the Jamui Lok Sabha member Chirag Paswan to set up a modern shooting range," she said adding Paswan has assured her for the same.
Shreyashi said she was inspired by Olympic medal winners Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore and Abhinav Bindra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan