Diver Tom Daley may retire post Glasgow Games
London: Tom Daley may quit diving this year after the Commonwealth Games to avoid the Olympics in 2016.
The 20-year-old Olympic swimmer may retire from the sport as he is afraid that he won`t win a medal at the next Olympics, the Daily Star reported.
Sources revealed that Daley is convinced that his form and his back twist "phobia" would keep him from clinching another Olympic medal at Rio 2016 .
It was earlier reported that he is undergoing therapy to try to overcome the issue with his "terrifying" twist dive.
Daley is set to compete in the 10m Platform on August 2 at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical