Diver Tom Daley may retire post Glasgow Games
London: Tom Daley may quit diving this year after the Commonwealth Games to avoid the Olympics in 2016.
The 20-year-old Olympic swimmer may retire from the sport as he is afraid that he won`t win a medal at the next Olympics, the Daily Star reported.
Sources revealed that Daley is convinced that his form and his back twist "phobia" would keep him from clinching another Olympic medal at Rio 2016 .
It was earlier reported that he is undergoing therapy to try to overcome the issue with his "terrifying" twist dive.
Daley is set to compete in the 10m Platform on August 2 at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends