Diver Tom Daley may retire post Glasgow Games
London: Tom Daley may quit diving this year after the Commonwealth Games to avoid the Olympics in 2016.
The 20-year-old Olympic swimmer may retire from the sport as he is afraid that he won`t win a medal at the next Olympics, the Daily Star reported.
Sources revealed that Daley is convinced that his form and his back twist "phobia" would keep him from clinching another Olympic medal at Rio 2016 .
It was earlier reported that he is undergoing therapy to try to overcome the issue with his "terrifying" twist dive.
Daley is set to compete in the 10m Platform on August 2 at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?