Hockey India asks resignations from Tripura Hockey officials
New Delhi: Hockey India has asked the president, senior vice president and general secretary of Tripura Hockey to immediately submit their resignations after they selected players from outside the state to participate in fourth Sub-Junior Women National Championship (B Division).
HI`s disciplinary committee meeting reviewed the selection of these five players who represented Tripura without obtaining NOCs from the national federation.
According to statement from HI, the disciplinary committee placed on record that till date Tripura Hockey office bearers did not issue their clarification on the matter despite several reminders.
Therefore, the disciplinary committee has recommended HI`s Executive Board to call for resignations from the president, senior vice president and general secretary of Tripura Hockey over the matter.
Meanwhile, in another incident, a ban of three months was imposed on ICF Chennai player N Ramesh for violating HI`s Code of Conduct. The snaction came into effect from July 27.
The disciplinary committee also nine months ban, effective from July 27 July, on five players Punjab Police, namely Simranjit Singh, Jasbir Singh, Satvinder Singh, Baljit Singh and Amit for committing a Level 2 offence.
The committee also banned team manager Jaspreet Singh and coach Surjeet Singh for one year for failing to control their player.
These five players along with the coach and the manager were accused of misbehaving, abusing and threatening match officials during the 92nd All India Trades Cup Hockey Tournament.
In all the cases, each individual will have an opportunity to appeal against the decisions within 30 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?