Jodie Stimpson wins women`s triathlon, bags first medal of Glasgow Games
Glasgow: England`s Jodie Stimpson won the women`s triathlon gold at the Commonwealth Games on Thursday, the first medal of the multi-sport event.
Stimpson, a silver medal winner in the World Triathlon Series in 2013, sprinted clear with 400 metres remaining of the final 10km run to win a thrilling race that started with a 1.5km swim and a 40km cycle around Strathclyde Loch.
Canada`s Kirsten Sweetland claimed silver, with England`s Vicky Holland taking bronze in warm, sunny conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University