Jodie Stimpson wins women`s triathlon, bags first medal of Glasgow Games
Glasgow: England`s Jodie Stimpson won the women`s triathlon gold at the Commonwealth Games on Thursday, the first medal of the multi-sport event.
Stimpson, a silver medal winner in the World Triathlon Series in 2013, sprinted clear with 400 metres remaining of the final 10km run to win a thrilling race that started with a 1.5km swim and a 40km cycle around Strathclyde Loch.
Canada`s Kirsten Sweetland claimed silver, with England`s Vicky Holland taking bronze in warm, sunny conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?